Twin Parks Community league is made up entirely of volunteers in the Maple & Oak Ridge Community. We are not affiliated with Parkbridge. We are however a part of Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL) If you are interested in lending a hand let us know! Maybe there is a position that peaks your interest or maybe you have a bit of time to help at one of our events. You can contact us! Every little bit counts whether it be an hour at an event or a full board position; all time donated is appreciated.
People get involved in their local communities for all types of reasons. Being actively involved in your community is not only about giving, even if that is your main motivation. For most people, it’s an exchange of skills, knowledge, and experience that can benefit everyone. Anyone can get involved. It doesn’t matter who you are, how old you are, what you believe in; there are contributions you can make that will make a difference. What you get in return is both priceless and invaluable whatever stage of life you are at:
- Influencing change in your local area, making it a better place to live – developing new ideas and approaches together that people can take pride in.
- Building confidence, self-esteem and giving structure to life – young, old, there are many people that need to develop a sense of self-worth.
- Meeting new people – building new friendships, reducing isolation and loneliness, developing ideas together.
- Involvement also shows other generations, and the greater community, the importance of building a stronger community.
- Make a difference in your community, make friends, gain a better understanding of the neighborhood you live in.
Contact us for Volunteer opportunities to join Twin Parks Community League.